Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SA Amendment Act bla bla bla
Please can someone help me. I have called South Africa House, and cannot find out too much information.
I was born in SA but have a British passport. (my dad is english). So I moved to the UK THREE YEARS AGO, and now I want to go back to SA on a two week holiday, but heard that I need a SA passport to travel. I dont intend ever moving back to SA, but what are the other options. I can renunce my citizenship, or apply for a SA passport, which I dont really want to do.

Although I do have a SA ID book in my maiden name. Now originally my UK passport was in my maiden name, but then I got married, and applied for a biriths passport in my married name, which says issued in uk and has a new name. Will they still be able to pick this up on the SA system if I used my new passport to go through, that I am the same person, as if not then I could get away with travelling on the uk passport. If not, does this mean that I have to renunce my south african citizenship although...i have nothing in SA that has my new MARRIED NAME, so a bit confused. hope this makes sense???

Messages In This Thread
SA Amendment Act bla bla bla - by carolinesaunders - 23-01-2006, 04:45 PM
SA Amendment Act bla bla bla - by mcamp999 - 23-01-2006, 08:36 PM
SA Amendment Act bla bla bla - by spam - 24-01-2006, 09:38 AM
SA Amendment Act bla bla bla - by mcamp999 - 24-01-2006, 10:22 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  amendment act carolinesaunders 8 5,739 06-04-2006, 08:07 PM
Last Post: dudette