Travel and Immigration Travel experiences and Immigration chat

Appointments Needed For Sa House

Old 09-05-2006, 09:44 AM   #1
spam
PoyseidonAdventure

Appointments Needed For Sa House

5 May 2006

NOTICE

With effect from June 05, 2006, NO walk – in applications will be accepted. Applications for the following services will be received by appointment ONLY:

· Passports;

· Birth Registrations;

· Retention of SA citizenship;

· Exemption from loss of SA citizenship;

· Visas;

· Temporary Residence Permits

Applications for other services not cited above can be made by mail ONLY. Appointments will have to be made 7 working days before a personÂ’s visit to the office. Appointments for the week beginning June 5, 2006 can therefore only be made from 25 May 2006. Appointments can be made in any of the following ways:

E – MAILS

appointments@rsaconsulate.co.uk

TELEPHONE

(020) 7925 8916

(Please, note that this will be unmanned telephone. All clients will be requested to leave their surname, forenames, date of birth, mobile number, e-mail address, suggested date of appointment and type of designated service requested). We will confirm appointments and respond by either e-mail or return call/text message within 24 hours (excluding weekends and public holidays) of the request for an appointment.

FAX

(020) 7925 8930 – 32

(The link to the online web based appointment system will be provided on May 27, 2006)

IN PERSON

(Pro forma forms will be handed out in the office. Persons interested in making appointments will have to complete the pro forma form and once the appointment has been set, they will be informed accordingly)
spam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 10:21 AM   #2
mcamp999
Bluebird Insured Speed

Last blog entry: Mon, 2010-08-30 08:56
Hopefully this will speed up the waiting time at SA house (doubt it though )It's the same process that is used by the French Embassy, and that hasn't made it any faster.
mcamp999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:42 PM   #3
Squid_Vicious

Ridiculous!!

I have tried in vain to get any kind of response from the SA Consulate. I have left name address and contact details etc on their anser-machine thingy, I have emailed them and I have sent them a letter. All I want to know is do Portuguese Passport holders need Visas to go on Holiday in SA????
Squid_Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:58 PM   #4
Squid_Vicious

Thumbs up

no worries - sa consulate in Lisbon has all the answers - in clear readable english too
Old 07-12-2006, 07:16 PM   #5
TheDuck
Quack

Last blog entry: Mon, 2010-06-14 13:19
Portugal falls under the EU so yoor answer should apply to all EU passport holders and as far as I last heard was that SA had agreements with a number of EU countries but I am not sure whether Portugal was one?

So what was the answer?

TheDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 10:50 PM   #6
Squid_Vicious

No Visa required for stays less than 90 days - no work allowed etc-
Confusion comes in re Citizenship. I aquired Portguese Citizenship through my wife who was born there. I did this in 2002 without applying for any exemption from the SA Consulate at the time. I have a valid SA Passport but I really dont know if I can use it or not. Like I said , SA House dont even bother replying to emails, phone messages or snail mail (I even sent them a self addressed and stamped enevelope).

Having said that, whilst in Portugal I had nothing less than excellent service from the SA Consulate in Lisbon. So I will ring them in the am - I may just get to speak to human being . I wont tell them I live in the UK though

Go Back  GlobalBuzz-SA > Travel and Immigration