Follow GlobalBuzz SA on Twitter  
Travel and Immigration Travel experiences and Immigration chat

Egyptian Consulate

Old 18-04-2007, 10:26 AM   #1
Bean of Love
Teddie Love

Unhappy Egyptian Consulate

Just a quick one....

As those of you who haven't yet got your little red books know, there are very limited holiday destinations around without visas....

Well, I think we will be going to Egypt again this year. I know we still need a visa to go there, but at least we can do it by post and it costs us nothing. I have looked into geting a visa for Spain etc and I have a choice, either pay a visa agency £80 per visa plus the visa fee of £40 or I take a day off work to go down to London by train which would cost me in the region of £60 return plus the visa fee.

We also looked into going to Greece, and they said that my 2 year old son has to present himself at the embassy too as he is travelling on his own passport....There again, it is train fare for 3 of us at £60 per person...although I am sure Josh could go for free, but then it is still £40 each per visa! We also need to supply a list of documentation as long as your arm....What is next... a DNA sample??

Sorry, I just had to rant a bit...

My actual question is... does anybody have the email address for the Egyptian Consulate? I had this information before, but for the life of me cannot remember what I did with it!

Ok..maybe this was not a quick one either
Bean of Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 11:34 AM   #2
alvonhumb

Don't have info on Egypt, but another option is the Czech Republic for a fairly hassle free visa. Flights also not too expensive.

Visa also costs nothing and can be requested by post for SA Citizens.

Czech Visa Fees and Forms
alvonhumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2007, 10:48 PM   #3
Bean of Love
Teddie Love

thank you very much for the information.... I will certainly keep this in mind.

Do you recommend any specific places?
Old 25-04-2007, 10:28 AM   #4
mcamp999
Bluebird Insured Speed

Last blog entry: Mon, 2010-08-30 08:56
Bean, remember that a Schengen visa is valid for all ofthe Schengen countries, as I am sure you are aware. So, even if you want to go to Spain, it can often be easier to get the visa elsewhere. Last year, we made a hotel for two weeks in Germany, we then went to the German embassy for the visa (and we didn't all have to go, I took my childrens passports in myself). We then cancelled the hotel booking and went to Spain instead. In previous years, we got visas to go to France and once again I went on my own to get the visas.

If you want more info on this, then please PM me if you want.
mcamp999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2007, 08:24 AM   #5
Bean of Love
Teddie Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcamp999 View Post
Bean, remember that a Schengen visa is valid for all ofthe Schengen countries, as I am sure you are aware. So, even if you want to go to Spain, it can often be easier to get the visa elsewhere. Last year, we made a hotel for two weeks in Germany, we then went to the German embassy for the visa (and we didn't all have to go, I took my childrens passports in myself). We then cancelled the hotel booking and went to Spain instead. In previous years, we got visas to go to France and once again I went on my own to get the visas.

If you want more info on this, then please PM me if you want.
HI... I have sent you a PM.....

Thanks for your reply!!
Old 08-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #6
meg007

Egyptian Consulate

go to egyptianconsulate dod co dot uk

As those of you who haven't yet got your little red books know, there are very limited holiday destinations around without visas....

Well, I think we will be going to Egypt again this year. I know we still need a visa to go there, but at least we can do it by post and it costs us nothing. I have looked into geting a visa for Spain etc and I have a choice, either pay a visa agency £80 per visa plus the visa fee of £40 or I take a day off work to go down to London by train which would cost me in the region of £60 return plus the visa fee.

We also looked into going to Greece, and they said that my 2 year old son has to present himself at the embassy too as he is travelling on his own passport....There again, it is train fare for 3 of us at £60 per person...although I am sure Josh could go for free, but then it is still £40 each per visa! We also need to supply a list of documentation as long as your arm....What is next... a DNA sample??

Sorry, I just had to rant a bit...

My actual question is... does anybody have the email address for the Egyptian Consulate? I had this information before, but for the life of me cannot remember what I did with it!
meg007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:14 PM   #7
alvonhumb

Here and also links ot forms etc...
alvonhumb is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back  GlobalBuzz-SA > Travel and Immigration