Follow GlobalBuzz SA on Twitter  
Banter and ALL From light hearted Chat

Summer holidays

Old 09-04-2008, 07:25 AM   #31
Admin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
First tell me why I cannot attach a pic of the cottage to the reply?
Admin must upgrade a few things

let him do a few things

Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 04:57 PM   #32
Icecub
ForgetMeNot

Hi All..

My sister and her family are travelling the continent this summer, so they are coming up to Scotland, Aberdeen as my sister has to attend a conference there, so we are going to rendevouz with them there, but we also going to try and do a week in the sun somewhere, as i am not sure the weather in Scotland will be my cup of tea....
Icecub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2008, 08:13 PM   #33
Pampered
Planet Mom

We had initially planned to go to SA, and Mauritius for a while, then we decided to see some friends in New Hampshire, in the US. Now ALL plans are on hold until we know if we're definitely moving to Saudi.
Pampered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 07:40 AM   #34
Ray
Type of Ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampered View Post
Now ALL plans are on hold until we know if we're definitely moving to Saudi.
I visited Saudi for a few profitable days , some 10 years ago ; I don't intend going there ever again !
If it's Middle East , and good tax-free monies one is after , then there are far superior places and opportunities : Emirates , Qatar , Bahrain , Oman...
Are you quite sure , that you know enough about what goes on in Saudi and that you'll be able to manage there ?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 03:56 PM   #35
Pronkertjie
Warm at Heart

Last blog entry: Wed, 2007-08-01 13:50
Quote:
We had initially planned to go to SA, and Mauritius for a while, then we decided to see some friends in New Hampshire, in the US. Now ALL plans are on hold until we know if we're definitely moving to Saudi.
Hi Pampered....

This is exciting for you. How long will it be for? Have you been there before? Guess your hubby will get a good salary out there!
Pronkertjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2008, 06:15 PM   #36
mcamp999
Bluebird Insured Speed

Last blog entry: Mon, 2010-08-30 08:56
Quote:

Pampered Saudi?

I know a few people who went there for work but the wives couldn't cope with the oppresion.

Interesting choice, hope it goes well for you.
mcamp999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 01:02 PM   #37
Pampered
Planet Mom

Thanks Ray, Pronkertjie and Mcamp.

We have done so much research on the place, and we know everything that is involved, and we have a good idea of what it will be like to live there. The only problem is in finding a place in a compound, their waiting lists are very long. My husband has been there, and has been offered the job, and the salary is going to be amazing, so we will be able to put a decent amount of money aside, and have some decent savings for once. We will keep our house here, and rent it out.

If I did not mind my husband commuting, I would live in Bahrain, as we could get a flipping mansion for the allowance their giving us. But I want to stay with my husband, and I believe life in the compoundss actually wonderful. I am not worried about not being able to drive, or wearing an abaya when we're in town. When in Rome....

I will keep you updated with any info.
Pampered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2008, 01:39 PM   #38
Icecub
ForgetMeNot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icecub View Post
Hi All..

My sister and her family are travelling the continent this summer, so they are coming up to Scotland, Aberdeen as my sister has to attend a conference there, so we are going to rendevouz with them there, but we also going to try and do a week in the sun somewhere, as i am not sure the weather in Scotland will be my cup of tea....

Plans have now changed drastically.......my sister has decided to do Mauritius, so we have now decided to join them, and as my other sister is currently working in Dubai, we will spend a few days with her as well.

So Dubai and Mauritius - here we come....a friend is also moving to Mauritius in a few weeks time, so we hope to meet up, plus my Great Great Grandfather was born in Mauritius...so abit of homecoming then hey??
Old 16-06-2008, 01:43 PM   #39
Icecub
ForgetMeNot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
I visited Saudi for a few profitable days , some 10 years ago ; I don't intend going there ever again !
If it's Middle East , and good tax-free monies one is after , then there are far superior places and opportunities : Emirates , Qatar , Bahrain , Oman...
Are you quite sure , that you know enough about what goes on in Saudi and that you'll be able to manage there ?
My husband's aunt lived in the compound for a good number of yrs, she always had problems with medication - not even headache pills were allowed into Saudi....not sure about now though!
Old 05-08-2008, 09:14 PM   #40
mcamp999
Bluebird Insured Speed

Last blog entry: Mon, 2010-08-30 08:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ade View Post
Ray, you say Tavira to Lagos, yet I have always found that beyond Lagos is far nicer. We've stayed in Fuguera (just past Salema) a couple of times. Far from the maddening crowd yet you can get into Lagos quite easily if you wish, and the waterslide park at Portimao if needs be :-) (public transport is excellent!)

MCamp - we may follow/cross/preceed you ---- we're off to Lake Garda, stopping in the Black Forest on the way down, and in Lucern, Salzburg & Ypres on the way back
Ade Hi

We are staying at Lake Garda on the way there, which part of Lake Garda you going or been to?
mcamp999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back  GlobalBuzz-SA > Banter and ALL