Monkey man.. I looooooong to hear your voice
Cheffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2007, 01:24 PM   #33
alwayssmilin
Cheerful Charlie

To late to change anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuck View Post

if he is 62 and still writes like that, then it is certainly too late to change his career

How sad that certain people still live in the fools paradise they left so many years ago because they did not like the politics of that time, sadly mostly created by the British who once again could not mind their own business had to interfere and then have the cheek to say they will crush us in rugby, when they cant even crush a pawpaw. Sadly history repeats itself, and these selfcentred persons who think they know it all! They should take a hard long look at what is happening on their shores, gun crime knife crime, we know who is in charge of SA but who is in charge here? Certainly not the government who manages to stay out of the way of the gangs and their war zones. Leave the afrikaner alone, mind your own business, at least the Afrikaner still has morals they can live by! Let these loud mouthed persons who have so much to say go and sort out the problems, crime, rapes, murders, etc etc etc in South Africa, or dont they have the ballllllllllllllllls to see what is going on!!!!!! Maybe they should do an aritcle on the Irag war where their young men are dying, for the interference of a government who thinks they know it all. How far did the invasion get them, innocent people who just want to get on with their lives are dying there everday in the hands of terrorists!!!! Any other country they think they can take over and disrupt, maybe they should stick to matters closer to home!!!
alwayssmilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2007, 10:42 PM   #34
Cheffie
Max Morley

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayssmilin View Post
maybe they should stick to matters closer to home!!!
It was held in a foreign country. Albeit across the puddle, and with strange accents..

Did someone give you tea leaves instead of tea-in-a-bag?

Glad to see you're still around AlwaysGrinning..

we know who is in charge of SA but who is in charge here?

I did like this comment. I thought I had the answer down pat, reflected for a moment and realised I'd spent 10 minutes contemplating a variety of scenarios and answers. It's Monday and I'd like to have an answer so my weary brain can rest for the rest of the week.
To further confuse you I thought it was the government in charge in both countries, aided by a willing consortium of shady businessmen. Then again it was only 10 minutes contemplation and lack of a glass of red to clear the addled brain.

Congrats to Just in for getting it Just. Wrong.
Old 24-10-2007, 01:47 PM   #35
alwayssmilin
Cheerful Charlie

Who is who is in charge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheffie View Post
It was held in a foreign country. Albeit across the puddle, and with strange accents..

Glad to see you still around. You know having little to do in the office always gets me down to the global.

Well hyperthetical, it should be the governments, but all they do is collect the taxes and then hand it over for another department to write a white, green, pink or blue paper, resulting in more problems as nobody seems to get it right, but at the moment I think both in SA and here it looks more like the gangsters and the drug dealers, Daily killings on the streets

Did someone give you tea leaves instead of tea-in-a-bag?

Glad to see you're still around AlwaysGrinning..

we know who is in charge of SA but who is in charge here?

I did like this comment. I thought I had the answer down pat, reflected for a moment and realised I'd spent 10 minutes contemplating a variety of scenarios and answers. It's Monday and I'd like to have an answer so my weary brain can rest for the rest of the week.
To further confuse you I thought it was the government in charge in both countries, aided by a willing consortium of shady businessmen. Then again it was only 10 minutes contemplation and lack of a glass of red to clear the addled brain.

Congrats to Just in for getting it Just. Wrong.
Glad to see you still around. You know having little to do in the office always gets me down to the global.

Well hyperthetical, it should be the governments, but all they do is collect the taxes and then hand it over for another department to write a white, green, pink or blue paper, resulting in more problems as nobody seems to get it right, but at the moment I think both in SA and here it looks more like the gangsters and the drug dealers, Daily killings on the streets, gun fights the ok coral looks better, I always maintain once the streets are out of control the government is out of control, but hey thats just my thoughts, we still at least have jobs here and a roof over our heads it could be worse!!!!It just annoys me when people pass comments about our country when they know nothing about it, and as the telegraph boy ran away years ago with his parents what does he know he can only go on their hear sa!!!!! If the rainbow nation was living in peace and harmony it would not be so bad, but the way it looks at the moment the whole transition was not such a great success after all was it????
alwayssmilin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2007, 11:30 PM   #36
Cheffie
Max Morley

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwayssmilin View Post
the whole transition was not such a great success after all was it????
You got out alive.. didn't you?

Cape Town still has sunshine?

I can't vote there anymore.. then again I live here.

I'm proud they won the RWC '07.. not the way they played though.

I don't agree with many things happening both here and abroad. I vote here and let my voice be heard. This is my home. Albeit full of football lovers and soccer commentators.

I still have Africa in my blood.. and I can't see that passion dying. Ever.

Go Back  GlobalBuzz-SA > Banter and ALL