GlobalBuzz-SA
 

Home FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GlobalBuzz-SA > Banter and ALL
Forums Info Vids Flight Bookings News Feeds Cape Town KZN
Follow GlobalBuzz SA on Twitter  
Banter and ALL From light hearted Chat


Not more power cuts please


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-02-2008, 09:56 AM   #11
TheDuck
Quack
 
TheDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Last blog entry: Mon, 2010-06-14 13:19
Location: Scandinavia
Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcamp999 View Post
There you go proving my point exactly, because it is an African Govt, the reaction is different. Have a look at the power situation in a country like Italy for example, where they have also had numerous problems with powere cuts etc, because they rely heavily on importing their powere requirements.

But, I guess they are not an African Govt, are they?
Well I am not Italian (I do like their football team and food)

and I am not British (I don't like their football team or food) and quite frankly I am not too concerned at what happens in those countries

I am South African and I do care about my country and I won't be apologetic or a paternal racist in any way or manner

The SA Govt (Eskom) was warned well in advance instead the top brass at Eskom made the choice of rewarding themselves with a R58 million bonus and buried the reports which stated the need of new increased power supply. And now they ask the Govt for assistance, any chance the R58 million will be returned?

Cape Town has been warned that it shall experience a water shortage by 2020 and they were warned about this 15 years ago, I only hope they are preparing themselves

SA is rife with corruption and the misappropriation of funds and as long as people stick their head in the ground and try to make excuses the country has absolutely no hope.

Africa has a history, you only have to do a little traveling and one can see it

having traveled through Zim extensively across Mozambique and around Malawi .. the patterns of the landscape were there to be seen and unfortunately South Africa is showing itself to be no different

I don't do lip service

we should stop finding excuses for incompetence, African governance has failed time and again and SA is following a similar pattern, we cannot escape this. The World takes notice and prepares accordingly, I didn't have any affect on the Rand dropping or VW contemplating withdrawing from SA

The SA Govt achieve this on their own merit, what I think or say has no bearing on the country.
TheDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 11:27 AM   #12
TheDuck
Quack
 
TheDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Last blog entry: Mon, 2010-06-14 13:19
Location: Scandinavia
Well I guess this person must also be anti-Africa Govt and he is only saying it because he wants SA to fail

A controversial BBC documentary portraying South Africa as being on a downward spiral is an accurate portrayal of the country and the ANC is the main destabilising factor, leading intellectual Moeletsi Mbeki has said.

Mbeki, brother of President Thabo Mbeki, told the Cape Argus that South Africans had to face the fact the rest of the world had reason to be "very concerned" about the direction in which the country was moving.


note, he says the rest of the world is 'very concerned'

he also stated this:

"I don't know what it will take for South Africans to come to terms with the truth," he said.

"It seems they do not know what it will take to get them to see that we are in deep trouble. No amount of spin will wash the reality away.

"I wish we had a different government that would face the truth and act, and acknowledge our problems


the question asked by us should be

Why do we simply accept incompetence?

TheDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 01:34 PM   #13
mcamp999
Bluebird Insured Speed
 
mcamp999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Last blog entry: Mon, 2010-08-30 08:56
Location: Cambridge
You have clearly completely missed my point and taken the discussion into a completely different area.

But never mind
mcamp999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 01:49 PM   #14
Pronkertjie
Warm at Heart
 
Pronkertjie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Last blog entry: Wed, 2007-08-01 13:50
Location: Hertfordshire
Time for scones and tea.






Pronkertjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 02:28 PM   #15
TheDuck
Quack
 
TheDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Last blog entry: Mon, 2010-06-14 13:19
Location: Scandinavia
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcamp999 View Post
You have clearly completely missed my point and taken the discussion into a completely different area.

But never mind


this is contemptuous to say the least, if I have missed your point then show the courtesy to explain as such without dismissing my opinions

TheDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 04:09 PM   #16
John01
Senior Member
 
John01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hampshire
Hey guys, to you wish me to arbitrate on defamation matters.
John01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 04:44 PM   #17
Pronkertjie
Warm at Heart
 
Pronkertjie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Last blog entry: Wed, 2007-08-01 13:50
Location: Hertfordshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by John01 View Post
Hey guys, to you wish me to arbitrate on defamation matters.
Only if you pull your front teeth

Oh dear... I better stay out of this!

Pronkertjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 05:29 PM   #18
TheDuck
Quack
 
TheDuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Last blog entry: Mon, 2010-06-14 13:19
Location: Scandinavia
Quote:
Originally Posted by John01 View Post
Hey guys, to you wish me to arbitrate on defamation matters.
certainly Herr Bismarck


however he is probably chuckling on a plane to the banana republic already

TheDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 07:02 PM   #19
mcamp999
Bluebird Insured Speed
 
mcamp999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Last blog entry: Mon, 2010-08-30 08:56
Location: Cambridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuck View Post
certainly Herr Bismarck


however he is probably chuckling on a plane to the banana republic already

Chuckling yes, on the plane, not yet
mcamp999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2008, 07:06 PM   #20
mcamp999
Bluebird Insured Speed
 
mcamp999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Last blog entry: Mon, 2010-08-30 08:56
Location: Cambridge
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDuck View Post


this is contemptuous to say the least, if I have missed your point then show the courtesy to explain as such without dismissing my opinions

I am not dismissing your opinions, and consider many of them to be valid. But the point of the matter is that in SA they think they are unique in their experiences, but they are not.

Also, it is natural that a fledgling Govt with litt;e or no experience would make a number of errors, it is whether or not they come through them in the end. 13 years is not a long time to correct the wrongs of 100 years.
mcamp999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back  GlobalBuzz-SA > Banter and ALL


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.1

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2007 - 2016 GlobalBuzz Southern Africa All Rights Reserved