Forums Info Vids Flight Bookings News Feeds Cape Town KZN
Follow GlobalBuzz SA on Twitter  
Forum Information What Up and Help

Help and Feedback

Old 01-01-2004, 01:45 AM   #1
ForumAdmin
Administrator

Help and Feedback

You need help or would like to provide feedback or request feedback, then this is the area for such purposes.

Thank You

ForumAdmin

ps. Please give feedback and ask questions as there is a great deal that is still being done, this will be an ongoing process
ForumAdmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 12:46 PM   #2
BlackHawk

HI Admin,

Good day to you and Hi

A couple of questions ..........

1- why are there two forums saying the same thing?

2- why is the list of members not available to read?

Cheers

BH
BlackHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2004, 01:39 PM   #3
ForumAdmin
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackHawk
HI Admin,

Good day to you and Hi

A couple of questions ..........

1- why are there two forums saying the same thing?

2- why is the list of members not available to read?

Cheers

BH
Hi

1. we have set to show the sub forums for now

once the site develops then only the Forum Name will be displayed , with the 2 sub forums hidden

2. Membership lists will not be available to users, once we introduce Paid Membership then they will become available.

Taking little steps at present. There are less smilies etc. for example these will be introduced as we take the next step.

On Monday, a plan for the rest of the Month will be displayed in the What's Up.

We hope this helps

ForumAdmin
Old 01-01-2004, 02:13 PM   #4
BlackHawk

Cheers for the reply AdminForum, much appreciated

BH
Old 01-01-2004, 02:18 PM   #5
BlackHawk

New query please AdminForum

Is it possible to also place the "check new posts" link in every forum, thus saving the time of returning to the maun forum page each time a reply is posted?

Thank you kindly

Aslo - will there be an album page in time?

BH
Old 01-01-2004, 04:53 PM   #6
ForumAdmin
Administrator

Future

Hi . we hope to still configure the site that it functions at its best, so everything will be considered.

We are however developing everything in stages and will eventually get there.

The Albums are planned for the future.

Thank You

ForumAdmin
Old 02-01-2004, 04:23 PM   #7
BlackHawk

Wink Re: Future

Quote:
Originally posted by ForumAdmin
Hi . we hope to still configure the site that it functions at its best, so everything will be considered.

We are however developing everything in stages and will eventually get there.

The Albums are planned for the future.

Thank You

ForumAdmin
Hi again ForumAdmin, more from me

Regarding counting posts - why? Why do we need to have a post count, it means nothing and just encourages drivel posting for the sake of it?

My view is that people should post where they have something to contribute to a thread/debate, or be seeking info - if a "chat" scenario wants to come about, use a live chat facility or use the pm facility for keeping in touch.

A possible way of keeping the drivel down would be to offer limited posts without paid membership etc, that way i'm sure more discretion would be used, and also limited access to the forums! I think this would encourage members to pay to join and enjoy the full site benefits.

Cheers for listening

BH
Old 02-01-2004, 05:16 PM   #8
Jangar
The Great Dane Pursuit

Re: Re: Future

Quote:
Originally posted by BlackHawk

A possible way of keeping the drivel down would be to offer limited posts without paid membership etc, that way i'm sure more discretion would be used, and also limited access to the forums! I think this would encourage members to pay to join and enjoy the full site benefits.

Cheers for listening

BH
Hej BH,

Are you proposing no more 'Live' Trivial Pursuit evenings ??? I hope not as I love playing them as do quite a few others and playing in chat is no good... (Been there, done that, etc...)

Also some cannot access chat or chat programs from work and don't have the time or the ability to chat from home (Yes, peeps still use dial up connections) so for them keeping in touch via chat is an impossibilty, and then there is also aspect of different time zones where keeping in touch via chat is impossible....

So rather doing as you suggest, I suggest a chat forum... One that is a little less serious than the "Banter" if need be...
Jangar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2004, 05:36 PM   #9
ForumAdmin
Administrator

BH

There are many plans which will begin to unravel come Monday

Please be patient

At present the boards are settling down

Monday the direction will be more clear and provided.

Thank You

ForumAdmin
Old 03-01-2004, 12:37 AM   #10
BlackHawk

Big Grin Re: Re: Re: Future

Quote:
Originally posted by Jangar
Hej BH,

Are you proposing no more 'Live' Trivial Pursuit evenings ??? I hope not as I love playing them as do quite a few others and playing in chat is no good... (Been there, done that, etc...)

Also some cannot access chat or chat programs from work and don't have the time or the ability to chat from home (Yes, peeps still use dial up connections) so for them keeping in touch via chat is an impossibilty, and then there is also aspect of different time zones where keeping in touch via chat is impossible....

So rather doing as you suggest, I suggest a chat forum... One that is a little less serious than the "Banter" if need be...
Hi Jan,

your trivial pursuit threads are not the ones that I am aiming my comments at, it is the "one word thread" or "£100 threads" etc ....... stuff that is there for no other reason than to increase ones post tally.

If anyone wants to start a chat thread, then so be it, make it so that others can join in and contribute etc ....... posting smillies, one word, dots even - they are so boring and off-putting ........ it gives the impression of a total lack of maturity and ability to write etc.

The pm facility is there is one wants to leave messages for a particular member etc. Your TP threads I think are invaluable in the scheme of things now, they bring a bunch of people together with a common purpose - just so long as no-one takes it upon themselves to start chatting with their pals etc while doing it. One can say "Hi" etc and still not deviate from the forum, but asking who is doing what to whom and whether they should be doing the ironing/dinner/painting the hall etc detracts from the direction of the thread.

Thanks for the reply also ForumAdmin, I understand what you're saying and i'm not in any hurry, just sounding out ideas and possibilities for discussion in the appropriate place for a change

Good job thus far ForumAdmin, I look forward to monday for further news and developments - i'm looking forward to this site taking shape and taking hold, the start is always a good place to begin me thinks!

BH

Go Back  GlobalBuzz-SA > Forum Information