Forums Info Vids Flight Bookings News Feeds Cape Town KZN
Follow GlobalBuzz SA on Twitter  
Banter and ALL From light hearted Chat

I think , I may have just found out ...

Old 17-02-2010, 11:51 PM   #1
Ray
Type of Ray

I think , I may have just found out ...

...why not many , many more , exiled SAffers and others , do not return to live there ( in RSA , ek se ! ) ;
THE HEALTHCARE COSTS !!!
- have you looked at the tariffs of Discovery , Momentum , Sizwe etc , of lately ?
- or at the penalties imposed on those who are joining late in life , re-joining after some years , never before been a member ...???
- or at own participation involved , case by case , for treatments and medicaments , even after paying the membership fees ?
Hehehe !
Many years ago , I was The Fool who advocated that South Africa , with
( then ) reasonable property prices and affordable medicine and nursing , should become the retirement heaven for the many who can afford such luxuries , north-EUropeans and others ;
how wrong was I ?
Western Cape , nowadays : just has to be among the most overpriced patches of our planet Earth ;
and joining that kind of healthcare , with many of the procedure-costs well-above EUro-ones ?
Nice'n'cheerful , as many places in RSA can be on a good day , no wonder then , that the migration from EUrope to those parts has just about become a trickle , if not a complete non-starter ?
All the above : completely aside the tax issues ( once living in RSA ) , which , as I get assured daily , are not anymore a laughing matter ?
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2010, 09:08 AM   #2
TheDuck
Quack

Last blog entry: Mon, 2010-06-14 13:19
I know Joan is on her way back now and it will be interesting to see the feedback she can give once back home

mcamp is going across on holiday shortly and I know he has planned to retire there, if memory serves me correctly

TheDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2010, 09:18 AM   #3
mcamp999
Bluebird Insured Speed

Last blog entry: Mon, 2010-08-30 08:56
Ray that trickle is still a stream, if you go to the Western Cape and travel around the areas, you will find huge enclaves of Germans, Brits, French, Dutch etc. who have all moved over there recently. A lot of them spend the summer months in SA and then go to Europe for the winter, but many just stay there. It is also widely reported, how many more Saffers are now returning back to SA with transport companies offering many positive statistics to back that information up.

But yes, health care is expesive although I would personally rather have private medical than rely on the Govt, i.e. NHS. Then again, I bet if you looked at how much of my taxes goes to the NHS, that it is much more than we think.
mcamp999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back  GlobalBuzz-SA > Banter and ALL