Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adope PDF HELP HELP HELP
Quote:Originally posted by Cheffie
sounds like its needed... :p

Hopefully they throw in a course on how to work a computer without :comp: :bashpc:

Big Grin

SLAP!!! :lovebuzz: :rofl:
Quote:Originally posted by Strawbs
SLAP!!! :lovebuzz: :rofl:

If you put this into Acrobat Reader format and email it to me.... I might deign to respond in kind Rolleyes

Big Grin

mind you.. I could always BCC all the weird Aussie Uni's with your prolific ability to work things out on your own.... and please to give you the degree forthwith.

On your graduation day... please make sure you wear some shooz... even if it's to hold up when the photographer makes you smile for the cheesy bits :haha:
Quote:Originally posted by Cheffie
If you put this into Acrobat Reader format and email it to me.... I might deign to respond in kind Rolleyes

Big Grin

mind you.. I could always BCC all the weird Aussie Uni's with your prolific ability to work things out on your own.... and please to give you the degree forthwith.

On your graduation day... please make sure you wear some shooz... even if it's to hold up when the photographer makes you smile for the cheesy bits :haha:

Aaaaaah I've missed this K@kpraat!!!

Now, what exactly would you like me to email you? :wall: time to be serious for a change!!

**Gets her dictionary out***
It's probably too late now. I apologize, I've only just seen this thread now. However, this is one way of getting around the problem of filling in a .pdf form and emailing it back without having a full version of the Adobe software yourself. I have gone into detail with each step (for others who might be familiar with the software needed).

1. Open your .pdf document in Adobe reader
2. Go to Tools, Basic, Snapshot Tool
3. The cursor should change to a something similar to target crosshairs (four points)
4. Put this at the beginning of your document in the top left-hand corner and drag the dotted frame it opens up down to the bottom right-hand corner
5. A message will come up "The selected area has been copied to the clipboard". Click OK
6. Open up a new document in MS Word and paste (Control+V) from the clipboard into this document. It will paste the form into Word as an image.
7. You can reformat this image as you would any other image you paste into Word by double clicking on it and adjusting the settings in the "Format Picture" box that opens up.

8. To fill in the form from this point onwards, I suggest using text boxes at the appropriate points where information is required.
9. Open up the "Format Picture" box by double clicking on the form you've just pasted.
10. Select the "Layout" tab and then select "In front of text". Click OK
11. Open up the Drawing Toolbar (View, Toolbars, Drawing)
Select the "Text Box" icon from the bar
12. A crosshairs target cursor will replace the regular mouse cursor. Place the cursor where you want to fill in information by clicking and dragging (from top left, down to bottom right) to open a box
13. Begin typing in the box to fill in the information you require.
Format the text (font, size and colour), as you would for any other text in a Word document.
14. This Text Box will be displayed with a border around it. To get rid of this border, double click the box. A "Format Text Box" box should open up. This box is for the text box only and not the same formatting as for the previous image you formatted. Select the "Color and Lines" tab. In the "Line" section, pull down the "Color" drop-down menu and select "No Line".
15. You can move these text boxes around by clicking on the Text Box to select it and moving it with the four-arrowed cursor or by using your arrow keys.
16. Adjust the size of the Text Box by going into the settings in the "Format Text Box" or by clicking on the Text Box to select it and dragging it from one of the corners in or out with the double-arrowed cursor.
17. Repeat steps 12 to 16 for each location you need to fill in information. By the end of the document you should have lots of text boxes all over the page.
18. Once you have completed this, fix these text boxes so that they don't move relative to the page they're on and to the image (form you're filling in) by holding down the Shift key and clicking on the document form (it should now show that it's selected by having all four corners and the mid points with small circles). Continue holding down the Shift key and click on each Text box in your document as well. Right click your mouse, a menu box will open up, select "Grouping", and then "Group". You can still change text within each Text Box, but you will be unable to move a Text Box now without moving all the other Text Boxes as well. If you wish to readjust the positioning of one Text Box but not all the others, you need to "Ungroup" them first (right click your mouse, a menu box will open up, select "Grouping", and then "Ungroup"). Remember to regroup all of these again after the adjustments have been made by right clicking your mouse, selecting "Grouping" and then "Regroup".
19. Save your document, and email. The document will be heavily loaded with images and will therefore be rather large (which is why I suspect they offered it to you in .pdf format to begin with). Compressing / zipping it will offer some respite in this respect, but not much. You might want to copy the form out of Adobe in sections and send them on to the organisation in sections, i.e. Miss S. Trawbs: Form - Personal Information, Miss S. Trawbs: Form - Work History, etc.