Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
End of metalworkers’ strike
Labour Minister Mildred Oliphant has congratulated employers and labour unions for finally reaching an agreement to end the metalworkers' strike.

"I am happy that the parties have finally found each other. The challenge right now is for parties to waste no time but to start rebuilding the relationship,” said Minister Oliphant.

She also thanked the parties for providing leadership under very difficult circumstances.

The four-week strike, led by the National Union of Metalworkers of South Africa, came to an end on Tuesday following an agreement on a three-year wage deal signed by unions in the metal, engineering and automotive sector.

The final settlement includes a 10% wage increase for the lowest paid employees each year for the next three years. – SAnews.gov.za

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suspension of mine strike Newsroom 0 2,563 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Striking mine workers called to end strike Newsroom 0 2,625 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Premier optimistic at mediation in platinum strike Newsroom 0 2,834 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Ramatlhodi moves in to end mine strike Newsroom 0 3,182 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Deal reached in platinum strike Newsroom 0 3,123 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: