Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi there All
My apologies for not being as vocal here, but life has got so much busier.

I have been looking for work since the beginning of the year, but part-time jobs close to my kids schools are hard to come by, so its been very difficult. Then I remembered some advice I'd heard before. ... to volunteer in a charity shop, and that's what I've been doing for the past 2 months. It feels really great to be doing something useful, and am learning new skills, as well as meeting a great bunch of people.Then hopefully by next year, I'll be more prepared for the working environment.

If anyone is in the same boat as me, I would definitely recommend working as a volunteer ... its really good for the self-esteem as well! Smile
:chorus:

So while my Buzz time is greatly reduced, I still make time for a quick peek at how everyone is doing. I haven't forgotten you and will continue visiting for as long as I am able Smile

Here's to the future.
magic Dudette

one tip of advice when you work yourself back into the work environment and you receive your first full pay cheque, please do remember your charity work and send some money to me

this tip was for free and I look forward to your future work

Big Grin

[SIZE="1"]great stuff Dudette[/SIZE] ok:
Hej Dudette,

Nice to see you back here :hug:

Please remember charity begins at home and if you'd like my addresse to know where home is please let me know :tonguepop:

PS don't work too hard, save that for the larny pay checks Wink
Thank you for the support, Duckie and TriviaMeister Smile
I think working in a charity shop must be great. Firstly, you're donating your time to a good cause, which is one of the hardest things to donate. Secondly, you're spending the day meeting loads of people, ie. colleagues & customers. Thirdly, you're learning new skills. Lastly, you get to see what comes in first! Wink

I've also been out of the job market for quite a few years so I understand the desire to learn new skills. I admire you! :daisy:
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Yes, Venus... I hadn't given it much thought before, but I am amazed to see how much need there is for people to help at the various charities. Wish I'd thought of this before... Smile
Nice to see you around dudette Smile Glad you enjoy working at the charity shop - sure you make a lot of people smile - good luck with the work hunting :lovef:
Thank you, oe-la-la Smile Hopefully it will be a good stepping stone on to a decent job, and yet I think I will still want to continue assisting where I can.

... but that is still a long way away Smile