Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayers for my son
Morning fellow believers!

Please can I ask that you hold my son, Ben in your prayers.

Last week we had a horrific accident close to my office, I drove past it not realising my son was in attendance on scene. An 18 wheeler lorry came off the top bridge at Spaghetti Junction, and crashed 2 bridges below onto the N3, onto a 4x4.

The driver in the lorry died immediately and his passenger was trapped under the lorry. My son got under the lorry to help the guy who had serious breathing difficulty so as he was intubating (spl) (pushing a tube down the throat to open up the airway) the guy spat out into Ben's face and straight into Ben's eyes. Ben should have been wearing goggles but he rushed straight to the patient (silly but understandable) and although he had on the gloves, the goggles were in the car a distance away, and so he chose to help the guy breath.

Ben was taken straight to hospital for an eye wash and given anti-retroviral drugs which he now has to take for the next month. The patient will not be tested for HIV unless he gives permission and in any case, the window period for HIV would not necessarily give a true picture of infection.

So, we pray that Ben will be OK and that if the patient was HIV positive, the anti-retrovirals will do their job!
Sue, that is a scary thing to happen. I believe anti-retrovirals reduce the risk by 98%, that does not make the period of waiting any less nerve racking. I will think of your son, it is a brave thing that he did.
As our Pronks would say, I shall be doing a lot of knee-mailing for your son.

:hartlik:
What a horrific accident! :yikes: I'll keep Ben in my thoughts & prayers, Sue. Smile
>>~V~ę~ñ~ů~Ş~<<
Gosh Sue, that is nerve wrecking....we are thinking of Ben and praying he comes out with flying colours.....:hug: :hug:
Afternoon

Thankyou...as a mother, it was always my worse nightmare because of the work he does.

I am so grateful that he received immediate care and when I spoke to him this morning he was very upbeat and not having too many side effects yet with the medication.

I can only imagine how families must feel when they cannot get access to the anti retro virals.

Confusedue:
Consider it done from this side too... :hug:
voi voi

this is so distressing Sue

:hug:
:hug: Sue - you are all in my prayers. Please keep us updated, when will he know the results of his own tests?
Prayers and thoughts are with you and your son.