Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Time to upgrade my phone - recomm's please
FlyingBok Wrote:6230i highly reccomended but as boring as garlic on garlic bread or tomatoe spread on a pizza broerrrrrr

Ja broeerrrrrrr, but remember, this cook STILL has the 6310i and its 2006... surely that says enough?????

:mmm:
Strawbs Wrote:Ja broeerrrrrrr, but remember, this cook STILL has the 6310i and its 2006... surely that says enough?????

At least it is not a 2110 or a 9 000 brick :p
FlyingBok Wrote:At least it is not a 2110 or a 9 000 brick :p

Ja, I reckon he's keeping schtum about those!!! :innocent:
Strawbs Wrote:Ja broeerrrrrrr, but remember, this cook STILL has the 6310i and its 2006... surely that says enough?????

Go choke on your Blackberry Rolleyes

Thanks for the responses so far. I'm still a Nokia man at heart - perhaps it's fear of the unknown? :wall:

However I'd rather go without mobile technology than have an Ericsson again. Thanks but I'll pass. I enjoy simplicity and Nokia has provided all so far - my last Ericsson ended up in a pint of beer. Need I say more?
Big Grin

BTW, I'm not too hassled if it doesn't have all the bells and whistles. To re-iterate,
Firstly - I'm not interested in a non-Nokia phone (I'm a creature of habit and have enjoyed their style for many years).

Secondly I'd like to get a phone that has decent picture and voice quality whilst making live video calls. VERY IMPORTANT

It must have a great storage capacity for more than 700 contacts.

Must have a good messaging facility.

but I'd also like to see links to pictures etc.

Many thanks again
G
Cheffie Wrote:Go choke on your Blackberry Rolleyes

Thanks for the responses so far. I'm still a Nokia man at heart - perhaps it's fear of the unknown? : all:

However I'd rather go without mobile technology than have an Ericsson again. Thanks but I'll pass. I enjoy simplicity and Nokia has provided all so far - my last Ericsson ended up in a pint of beer. Need I say more?

BTW, I'm not too hassled if it doesn't have all the bells and whistles. To re-iterate,
Firstly - I'm not interested in a non-Nokia phone (I'm a creature of habit and have enjoyed their style for many years).

Secondly I'd like to get a phone that has decent picture and voice quality whilst making live video calls. VERY IMPORTANT

It must have a great storage capacity for more than 700 contacts.

Must have a good messaging facility.

but I'd also like to see links to pictures etc.

Many thanks again
G

To be honest now G, I WAS always a Nokhaya girl and wouldn't look at anything else until I was given a Sony Ericsson... I LOVED IT and I haven't looked back. I have the Pink Motorola RAZR V3 and even though its a much simpler phone to the Sony Ericsson, I dont think I could go back to a Nokhaya. I have a Nokhaya for work and I hate it, I find the picture very grainy, it just doesn't have that "oomph" that I need in a phone!

Stop being stubborn and set in your ways (you aren't 90), be daring, live a little, try the phone, if you don't like it, you have 14 days to return it!

Nothing ventured, nothing gained! :luck:

Video calls important??? Tell me more! :rofl:

700 contacts??? Rent-a-Friend recruiting again??? Wink :daisy:

:berry:
Strawbs Wrote:Video calls important??? Tell me more! :rofl:

700 contacts??? Rent-a-Friend recruiting again???

:berry:

Howzit froot.

I know I'm old and getting senile - blame it on the heat from the stoves ok Wink

To be quite honest I have been looking for a few years, though not actively. With work, the amount of contacts/ suppliers etc seems to grow daily and already have a full sim/ phone memory. So really do need to upgrade it now LOL

Re the video calls, I think its the way of the future and would love to have live chats with friends all over the world. Nothing sinister. Though whenever I call a company and they ask me to 'please bare with me ' I would love to just start getting undressed for a lag! :haha:

I suppose you're right - I can return it if I don't like it. Though I'm ever hopefull that Nokia will come through with some great phone in time Wink
Cheffie Wrote:Howzit froot.

I know I'm old and getting senile - blame it on the heat from the stoves ok Wink

To be quite honest I have been looking for a few years, though not actively. With work, the amount of contacts/ suppliers etc seems to grow daily and already have a full sim/ phone memory. So really do need to upgrade it now LOL

Re the video calls, I think its the way of the future and would love to have live chats with friends all over the world. Nothing sinister. Though whenever I call a company and they ask me to 'please bare with me ' I would love to just start getting undressed for a lag! :haha:

I suppose you're right - I can return it if I don't like it. Though I'm ever hopefull that Nokia will come through with some great phone in time Wink

Dammit, means my make up will have to be perfect all the time!! :curse: :nobrain:

The other thing is that even tho Nokhaya have better menu what what what, the designs of the phones are a bit OTT for my liking!

But then again, each to their own, JMPHO! :wehave: :feel:
Cheffie Wrote:Howzit froot.

Cheffie, I am afraid it must be an old age thing. When my brother upgraded his phone for another Pinokio my nephew couldn't stop laughing..... thought it was the most stupid thing his Dad ever did.... there you go Smile
Ja everybody for himself ne bokkie ...

Chefman stick to pots and pans Wink

PS: I say again - look at the NOKIA "N" Range :p

http://www.nseries.com/
FlyingBok Wrote:Ja everybody for himself ne bokkie ...

Chefman stick to pots and pans Wink

PS: I say again - look at the NOKIA "N" Range :p

http://www.nseries.com/

Thanks FB :thumbs:

Though calling on my pans might make me look a little silly in the kitchen. Especially if someone answered using a whisk Rolleyes
Big Grin

Do really like the look of the Nokia N80! Very sexy..

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Time To Upgrade my Phone as well (well PDA Phone) FlyingBok 7 4,952 12-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Last Post: FlyingBok
  Upgrade to Firefox 1.02 now TheDuck 2 4,669 25-03-2005, 08:03 PM
Last Post: Pronkertjie
  Is hard time for worm author too harsh? TheDuck 0 2,869 10-02-2005, 03:17 PM
Last Post: TheDuck
  Fax on my phone line ?? Piet Bloubul 4 3,250 04-04-2004, 04:12 PM
Last Post: Piet Bloubul
  Mobile Phone Scam sharkattack 11 8,133 08-03-2004, 02:43 PM
Last Post: FlyingBok
  Frustrated about your mobile phone.... Pronkertjie 0 2,422 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  Countries that spend the most time surfing the www Jangar 0 2,766 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post:
  IEC releases mobile phone apps Newsroom 0 4,245 Less than 1 minute ago
Last Post: