Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yet another hoop to jump through...
It's been there for citizenship for a while, but as of April 2007 you'll need to do the "Life in the UK Test" (and have acceptable english skills) to apply for ILR. Also watch out for new fees coming up - I'll hazard a guess that they're not going to be any lower.

Introduction of new rules for people applying for settlement
Brilliant, and about time. If you want to take up permanent residence then you should be abler to communicate and have the basics. Face it, if after 3 or 5 years in the country you still cannot pass a rudimentary language test you are really not trying.
SPAM in a can....Now available in regular, turkey, Lite and HOT
spam Wrote:Brilliant, and about time. If you want to take up permanent residence then you should be abler to communicate and have the basics. Face it, if after 3 or 5 years in the country you still cannot pass a rudimentary language test you are really not trying.

If it was only a rudimentary language test, then I would totally agree with you but it isn't... It is a test with questions such as

How much pocket money does the average child receive in Britain?

Once again, this Govt has messed up what should have been a very usefull exercise.

I can supply you with many more ridiculous irrelavent questions that crop up in this test.