South Africa Info Forums
Brain Teasers - Printable Version

+- South Africa Info Forums (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Trivia and Music Zone (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/Forum-Trivia-and-Music-Zone)
+--- Forum: Trivial Pursuit and More (https://globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/Forum-Trivial-Pursuit-and-More)
+--- Thread: Brain Teasers (/Thread-Brain-Teasers)

Brain Teasers - Jangar - 20-05-2005

Venus Wrote:One word: rotate

Two words: rot & ate

Big Grin

:thumbs:

Change one letter in the name of a culinary magazine to find a magazine about smart eating.

(050302)

Brain Teasers - Jangar - 27-05-2005

Jangar Wrote::thumbs:

Change one letter in the name of a culinary magazine to find a magazine about smart eating.

(050302)

ANSWER: Food & Wine --> Food & Wise

What do each of the following words have in common?

BATTLE DRAWING CATNIP TURNED

Brain Teasers - dudette - 28-05-2005

Jangar Wrote:ANSWER: Food & Wine --> Food & Wise

I would have htought that Cheffie would have got that one easily! Smile

For the next one, is the answer to do with a synonym?

Brain Teasers - Jangar - 28-05-2005

dudette Wrote:I would have htought that Cheffie would have got that one easily! Smile

For the next one, is the answer to do with a synonym?

I have no idea Sad I don't look at the answer till I either get one or everyone's given up... )

Brain Teasers - dudette - 28-05-2005

Jangar Wrote:ANSWER: Food & Wine --> Food & Wise

Well, if you take the first syllable of the first word and add it to the second syllable of the second word you get BATWING
Then if you take the first syllable of the fourth word and add it to the second syllable of the 3rd word you get TURNIP... if that helps ....

Brain Teasers - Jangar - 29-05-2005

dudette Wrote:Well, if you take the first syllable of the first word and add it to the second syllable of the second word you get BATWING
Then if you take the first syllable of the fourth word and add it to the second syllable of the 3rd word you get TURNIP... if that helps ....

Nope... You need to think fack-to-brunt on this one...

BTW what are you doing awake at this hour ?

Brain Teasers - dudette - 29-05-2005

I'm teasing me brain ... what are you doing up so late? Its past 2 in Denmark! :cheeky:

Brain Teasers - Jangar - 29-05-2005

dudette Wrote:I'm teasing me brain ... what are you doing up so late? Its past 2 in Denmark! :cheeky:

Got back from a braai at the folks place around midnight, chatted with the G/F for a while and decided to catch up on the boards after she went to bed Big Grin

Besides I am normally awake at this time :p

Brain Teasers - penelope - 29-05-2005

dudette Wrote:I'm teasing me brain ... what are you doing up so late? Its past 2 in Denmark! :cheeky:

It was past 1 in the UK so you weren't doing to badly yourself..... Rolleyes Rolleyes

Brain Teasers - penelope - 19-06-2005

What's a happenin' here......have you given up on this thread????? :mmm: