Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Defeat of the Tongue
Thanks for posting this Sue, because the words are so right - I have never been one to "hold back" and if something had to be said, I was always the one to say it. Yes I admit that I regret now many of the things I have said, but at the time never gave it a secind thought. However it can help at times without one realising it. Last year and through our Old Boys Association, I met up with the father of one of our members. During the conversation he thanked me for a bollicking I gave him way back in 1967 when I was a Traffic Officer. I could not remember the incident, but it would appear that he was driving a Mini and showing off to the girls on a Saturday morning and just causing general annoyance to other drivers (his words, not mine) - apparently I pulled him over, told him to get out of the car and gave him the biggest tongue lashing he had ever had. At the time he said he took umbrage to what I had said, but a few months later a friend of his was killed driving far to fast in Durban. He said my words suddenly hit home - so there are times it can work, not often though.
Always enjoy life - and remember there is always someone worse off than yourself - treat others as you yourself would want to be treated.

Messages In This Thread
Defeat of the Tongue - by Sue Johnson - 16-09-2004, 11:59 AM
Defeat of the Tongue - by oe-la-la - 22-09-2004, 08:32 AM
Defeat of the Tongue - by Pronkertjie - 22-09-2004, 10:17 AM
Defeat of the Tongue - by oe-la-la - 22-09-2004, 10:30 AM
Defeat of the Tongue - by Joan - 17-10-2004, 07:29 PM
Defeat of the Tongue - by Oom Rob - 30-10-2004, 07:10 AM