GlobalBuzz-SA

Home FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GlobalBuzz-SA > Business and Finance
Forums Info Vids Flight Bookings News Feeds Cape Town KZN
Follow GlobalBuzz SA on Twitter  
Business and Finance Business and finance discussions.

How do I get the best interest?

Old 06-03-2004, 01:58 PM   #1
Jen

How do I get the best interest?

I'm getting a small inheritance and want to invest it, of course, to get the best interest possible. What's the best way to go inthe UK? Are ISA's the only options, and do all companies (building societies etc) give the same rates?
As you can tell I'm new at this.:eek:
Jen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-03-2004, 05:47 AM   #2
whirlpool

Re: How do I get the best interest?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jen
I'm getting a small inheritance and want to invest it, of course, to get the best interest possible. What's the best way to go inthe UK? Are ISA's the only options, and do all companies (building societies etc) give the same rates?
you need professional advice on this. It all depends on your age / risk factor / and whether you want to use sooner rather than later. Also depends on how much it is.
I am open to correction here, but ISAÂ’s lock you in for a fixed time frame and if it is pension related you cannot touch it until you retire
THEN THERE IS TAX!!!
Most advice is free – so your best bet is to change this thread to - does anybody know a GOOD financial advisor.
Personally if I had money coming to me I would put it into property – preferably the place I was going to be living in as I do enjoy the security of having my own place plus the long term capital growth. But you might want to go on a world cruise and at the Monaco stop play the tables…
hi risk = hi growth
Good luck
Old 29-03-2004, 08:13 PM   #3
Joan
Walk on By

Re: How do I get the best interest?

Quote:
Originally posted by Jen
For savings, this seems to be the best option: http://www.ingdirect.co.uk/html/abou...gsaccount.html

However, I agree with whirlpool, if there is enough, property is always a good investment.
Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 10:50 PM   #4
spam
PoyseidonAdventure

If it is large enough to make a deposit on a property I would strongly reccomend going that route. Though interest rates for buy -to-let are normally a little higher than your standard mortgage, this can be compensated for in your rent. In Berkshire the value of property is estimated to rise by 16-20% over the next year. That will provide a nice little nest egg.
spam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 11:32 PM   #5
whirlpool

And I re-itterate; property is a long term investment, many people were stung with property when the market crashed early 90's. had they hung on until early 2000's no problem - always look at the long term growth average.
it is always better to obtain professional advice especially for larger sums of money
good luck
Old 07-04-2004, 02:56 AM   #6
spam
PoyseidonAdventure

Quote:
Originally posted by whirlpool
And I re-itterate; property is a long term investment, many people were stung with property when the market crashed early 90's. had they hung on until early 2000's no problem - always look at the long term growth average.
it is always better to obtain professional advice especially for larger sums of money
good luck
Any investment is a long term thing. Get rich quick schemes seldom have the stability you need. Sometimes you are lucky, sometimes not. However a property, with a mortgage rented out over the long term will always render a return as somebody else is paying it off for you......
spam is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back  GlobalBuzz-SA > Business and Finance