GlobalBuzz-SA
 

Home FAQ Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read
Go Back   GlobalBuzz-SA > Travel and Immigration > Immigration
Forums Info Vids Flight Bookings News Feeds Cape Town KZN
Follow GlobalBuzz SA on Twitter  
Immigration Immigration and Matters related


Info needed


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-03-2006, 11:27 AM   #1
Moemfie
Member
 
Moemfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Manchester
Info needed

Hi everyone,

I need to get info on Working Holiday Visas urgently, please. This is the situation. I brought up my eldest sister's two sons up from the ages of 2 and 3 untill they were 18 and 19. I did not legally adopt them at that time. When we left SA 4 years ago we had to leave them behind. They now want to come home to mum and dad. Is there a way that we can help them? My husband is British and I got permanent residency.

Are they allowed to come over and change status here? I need all info I can get as I want my sons home with me.

Thanx
Moemfie
Moemfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 04:12 PM   #2
Joan
Walk on By
 
Joan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: North Wales
Moemfie, I think they will only be allowed to come on a WHV ( and then they may only work for one year of the two years)



Have you tried the Home Office's website?
Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 04:23 PM   #3
lols
Admirer of Red
 
lols's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Poole, Dorset
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moemfie
Hi everyone,

I need to get info on Working Holiday Visas urgently, please. This is the situation. I brought up my eldest sister's two sons up from the ages of 2 and 3 untill they were 18 and 19. I did not legally adopt them at that time. When we left SA 4 years ago we had to leave them behind. They now want to come home to mum and dad. Is there a way that we can help them? My husband is British and I got permanent residency.

Are they allowed to come over and change status here? I need all info I can get as I want my sons home with me.

Thanx
Moemfie
Moemfie, what I suggest is that you contact a visa company like
breytenbachs they will probably advise you on the course of action to take.
lols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2006, 05:21 PM   #4
Joan
Walk on By
 
Joan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: North Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by lols
Moemfie, what I suggest is that you contact a visa company like
breytenbachs they will probably advise you on the course of action to take.
That is a very good idea lols...

:luck:
Joan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2006, 11:32 AM   #5
mcamp999
Bluebird Insured Speed
 
mcamp999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Last blog entry: Mon, 2010-08-30 08:56
Location: Cambridge
Moemfie, the advice to contact Breytenbachs is probably the best idea. At present, the WHV is probably their only option, although I do not know about the adoption route as it is likely to be too late for that.
mcamp999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2006, 11:44 AM   #6
kimbo
Senior Member
 
kimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Your best bet would be to let them study something such as electrical engineering etc at tech and then let them apply for a work permit. Maybe after the holiday visa.

I can't see them getting over permanently any other way. :sad:
kimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2006, 03:49 PM   #7
oe-la-la
Somewhat Inspired
 
oe-la-la's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: North-West UK
:luck: Moemfie!
oe-la-la is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #8
Moemfie
Member
 
Moemfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Manchester
Thanx everyone

Thanx for your help and advise everyone. I have looked on the Home Office site but couldn't find anything specific. I was thinking of them comming over on a visitor's visa so they can look for work and ask the employer to apply for them for a work permit and then send them back to get the paperwork sorted but we don't have that much money available to help them.

They would still have to have jobs on that side if they come over on a Visitor's Visa and my one son is unemployed. The other one is doing this secretly, coz the people he lives with threatened to have him fired where he is working now if he attempts to come to England. They both have to work for free for the couple they living with and they won't allow my one son to go look for work coz they say he has to work for the husband to pay his stay with them. My eldest have to pay R1500 per month board and lodging over and above working all his free time for this man. This is so hard. We can't adopt them now as they are over the adoption age.

How do we go about them studying here and what will that cost. Do we have to do the paperwork in SA or can they do it here when they arrive?

I'm just so desperate now. My kids are being used as slaves there and I can't do anything to help them. I feel so helpless and it is my duty to protect my kids and I can't even do it. I can't contact the people coz then my kids will be without a place to stay and they will take it out on them. I want my kids with me but the immigration rules make it so hard to achieve.

I'm sorry that I'm whining in your ears with all my problems but I need help desperately and you people are so kind with the advise.

Thanx for listening.

Love
Moemfie
Moemfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2006, 01:29 AM   #9
spam
PoyseidonAdventure
 
spam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
They could come over on a 2 year WHV visa but that would be it, they would have to return after 2 years. Obtaining a work permit is not that straight forward as the prospective employer would have to prove that they could not source locally.
The suggestion that they come here to study is not a bad one it will at least allow them to stay until their studies are complete.
spam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-03-2006, 09:58 AM   #10
Moemfie
Member
 
Moemfie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Manchester
Quote:
Originally Posted by spam
They could come over on a 2 year WHV visa but that would be it, they would have to return after 2 years. Obtaining a work permit is not that straight forward as the prospective employer would have to prove that they could not source locally.
The suggestion that they come here to study is not a bad one it will at least allow them to stay until their studies are complete.
Thanx for the advise, Spam. Now, where do I start with this? Who do I contact etc. Will they be able to apply for permanent stay after the studies are complete?
Moemfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back  GlobalBuzz-SA > Travel and Immigration > Immigration


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.1

All times are GMT. The time now is 06:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 2007 - 2016 GlobalBuzz Southern Africa All Rights Reserved