Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spiritual Growth
Morning

Being a Christian and standing for the things Jesus taught, is very hard. We can go to church, we can sing our praises, we can do all the 'christian' stuff that we think makes us MORE christian, but the simple lessons Jesus gave us through The Word, are the most difficult to actually put into practise because we are human and will naturally deal with life from a flesh perspective. We get angry, we hate and we point fingers. We gossip, we slander and we have an amazing ability to go to great lengths to 'get back' at those who have wronged us.

Jesus taught the exact opposite. He said LOVE your enemy. Forgive those who sin against you. That is so difficult for us, but the amazing truth is, that if we do follow the Word, it really does set us free! Hate, anger, frustration all cause us pain in one way or another. These emotions eat away at our lives and cause us to be in bondage of their hold upon us. If we can learn to release those emotions to God and allow Him to deal with them, we are then free to forgive.

We cannot go before the alter with unforgiveness in our hearts. We cannot go before the alter whilst we hate others. We need to learn to let go, hand over and go before the alter free of what HURTS US.

I will daily struggle with times when the emotions return, but that is exactly when I know to hand over once again for revenge is NOT mine.

The christian way is the most difficult way but it is the right way if we truly want to learn from the lessons Jesus taught.

Sue

Messages In This Thread
Spiritual Growth - by Sue Johnson - 27-01-2005, 06:49 AM
Spiritual Growth - by Pronkertjie - 27-01-2005, 07:14 AM
Spiritual Growth - by Icecub - 27-01-2005, 10:15 AM
Spiritual Growth - by Oom Rob - 03-02-2005, 06:56 PM
Spiritual Growth - by Sue Johnson - 04-02-2005, 06:38 AM