Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spiritual Growth
Morning

I want to share a lesson I received recently.

A person I trusted and admired, has done things in my life which have caused great pain and sadness. He had removed my joy and tried to destroy a vison. Before giving my life to The Lord, I can honestly say, I would have gone for the jugular AND succeeded. I would have taken him down in any way I could find possible to do. I would have got EVEN!!!

With The Father's Grace, I have been able to handle a very bad situation in a very different way. I have done it HIS way and not in the way the world would encourage me to handle it. The decision to hand over my feelings to God was not easy because the human in me demands revenge, but the Bible clearly tells us, revenge is not ours....

So, one day this man was working really hard outside of my fence. He ad been working in the hot sun all day and I could see he was tired. The 'old' me would have said, GOOD...SUFFER!!! But with God's Grace, I felt the Holy Spirit prompt me very clearly, "Go and give him a cup of water". Now I know when to obey and I got the water and went to him and as I offered him the cup, the most amazing sense of peace washed over me. Revenge, Hate and Anger had lost its hold on me and I was able to feel God's compassion on this man despite what he has done to me.

So, I have grown in my faith and understanding and that is how it works. We walk through difficult situations with God's help, because on our own, we cannot but go back to the feelings of the flesh. But, with The Holy Spirit in charge, we overcome and grow.

Have a great day!

Sue

Messages In This Thread
Spiritual Growth - by Sue Johnson - 27-01-2005, 06:49 AM
Spiritual Growth - by Pronkertjie - 27-01-2005, 07:14 AM
Spiritual Growth - by Icecub - 27-01-2005, 10:15 AM
Spiritual Growth - by Oom Rob - 03-02-2005, 06:56 PM
Spiritual Growth - by Sue Johnson - 04-02-2005, 06:38 AM