Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Court Order to avoid sending passport forms to ex-husband
Hello all

Seeing Cheffie's post made me think - perhaps I will get some replies to my current dilema...

My ex-husband is in SA and is not worth mentioning BUT... it seems I need his signature on passport application forms for my minor son's... despite having full custody - by SA standards the father (estranged or not) always has full guardianship!!

Apparently if I have a court order giving me full guardinship I dont need to go through the hassle of getting the father's signature... only question is which courts do I need to do this through - UK or SA... and if I use the UK courts will it stand up in SA?

Has anyone done this or know anyone I can spead with? I have sent an email to SA House asking the same question but am still waiting for a reply. The main reason I am hoping not to contact the ex is that the last time I needed a signature from him it took nearly 8 months and he had it witnessed wrong - voiding the whole document!!! We plan to travel in December and the boy's passports run out in June! HELP!!!!

bye for now
Samantha
To regret past mistakes is to live them over again....... move on and live your life without regret!

Messages In This Thread
Court Order to avoid sending passport forms to ex-husband - by Spacegirl - 05-01-2006, 11:27 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Child passport expiry : AV alvonhumb 7 5,154 19-06-2006, 12:08 PM
Last Post: spam