Bigger and better: 2013 Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon Expo opens its doors at CTICC
More than 50 000 visitors are expected to walk through the doors of the 2013 Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon Expo at its brand new home at the Cape Town International Convention Centre (CTICC) between 27 and 29 March 2013. The Expo has moved to the CTICC for the first time in the history of the event.
All runners need to collect their race numbers for the Two Oceans Trail Run, International Friendship Run, Half and Ultra-Marathon events at the Expo which is open to the public and is free of charge. All participants need to bring their RaceTec chip to register. Runners who register on Wednesday and Thursday stand a chance to win one of ten free entries per day to any Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon event for 2014 and be entered into a lucky draw to win a trip for two to the Victoria Falls Marathon in July 2013.
Bigger and better seems to be the theme for the 2013 Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon with the Ultra Marathon securing over 10 000 entries, making it the biggest field in the event’s 44 year history. With the move to the CTICC, the Expo promises to appeal to more than just runners as more than 100 lifestyle exhibitors will be present including top sporting brands, apparel, supplements, outdoor adventure sports and sporting tours.
Title sponsor Old Mutual will be inviting visitors to meet their Virtual Coach, Norrie Williamson for some last minute race tips, or check cholesterol and general health with trained professionals. Runners who need foot massages before the big day or supporters who would like personalised posters are encouraged to visit the Old Mutual stand.
Robert Mafuna, the Marketing Executive Group Sponsorship & Events at Old Mutual says, “Old Mutual looks forward to meeting all participants and supporters and wish all the runners a fantastic run. Their participation in this event ensures that we continue to “Do Great Things” together.”
New technical sponsor, adidas, will be showcasing their range of technical running gear including the revolutionary new cushioning technology, BOOST™. The stand will feature a comfortable lounge area where runners can meet adidas brand ambassadors such as Janez Vermeiren, Liezel van der Westhuizen and Nigel Pierce. Technical reps will conduct free foot scans, and runners can share their goals on the custom-built adidas commitment wall.
Parking is available in the following areas, Wednesday 27 March to Friday 29 March:
· CTICC on-site parking in P1 or P3 (Visitors are advised to exchange their parking entry ticket for a discounted parking ticket at the CTICC parking desk at the exit of the Expo — R30 per day.)
· V&A Waterfront – open parking area at the entrance to the V&A Waterfront off Coen Steytler Ave opposite the Caltex Garage with a shuttle service running to and from the CTICC. (Cost R10 on entry to the parking area.)
· Table-Bay Boulevard parking – under the elevated freeways, accessed from DF Malan Street (Cost R15 on entry to the parking area.)
Additional parking only open on Friday, 29 March:
· CTICC using the Convention Towers parking area — accessible via P3 (Visitors are advised to exchange their parking entry ticket for a discounted parking ticket at the CTICC parking desk at the exit of the Expo — R30 per day.)
· On street parking and open parking areas in the vicinity of the CTICC (Visitors to follow pedestrian routes and cross roads with care obeying all traffic officers and marshals.)
The Old Mutual Two Oceans Marathon Expo will open from 10:00 – 19:00 on Wednesday, 27 March and Thursday, 28 March. On Friday, 29 March it will open from 09:00 – 17:00. For more information, please visit www.twooceansmarathon.org.za.